Hey, I’ve been working on a little sumpin’ sumpin’ over here. Primarily, I think my RSS feed is finally fixed. If you haven’t had any problems: disregard. If you have had problems: try it again. Let me know if it doesn’t work (but maybe wait until Monday because I’ll be really annoyed and I’d hate to ruin my weekend).
Oh, I’m just kidding. It’s millet that’s in bird seed, not quinoa.
As promised: A couscous recipe that I’ve modified to quinoa to be gluten free. Even if you eat gluten, you should try it. It’s easy and good.
Recipe: Curried Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1 c chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/2 c dried currants
- 1/4 c sliced toasted almonds
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Rinse quinoa and put in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (10-15 minutes).
- Cut beans into 2-inch pieces and steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Stir together quinoa with all the other ingredients and dressing. Serve warm or cold.